DISTANCE LEARNING (E-LEARNING) POLICY
OBJECTIVE: The purpose of the e-learning policy is to assist and adopt the students to a regulatory framework and standards for the implementation of distance learning during the periods of suspended educational activity due to emergencies and crises and also to ensure the non-disruption of educational activity services while maintaining effectiveness and quality.
SCOPE AND APPLICATION: This policy applies to all learners and their parents alike.
PURPOSE AND AIMS: The purpose of the policy is to assist students to continue their learning via e-learning, allowing them to address education delivery systems during time of emergency and crises.
* To enhance and standardize the quality of teaching and learning
* To increase access to learning opportunities and the outcomes are evaluated in order to track the progress of students
RESPONSIBILITIES OF PARENTS:
* Provide the appropriate educational environment for learners in homes, Internet and the general atmosphere, in addition to maintaining the appropriate appearance of learners
* Provide an electronic device for each learner to use in distance learning(computers, tablets, smartphones, etc.).
* Encourage learners to practice distance learning by ensuring that all educational lessons are completed.
* Oblige learners to follow the timetable in line to support teacher to enhance with standards of teaching the curriculum.
* Oblige learners to follow the educational institution’s general policy of using electronic devices for educational purposes during distance learning.
* During e-learning session oblige, do not interrupt the learning session by talking/arguing to the teacher related to the subject/content/presentation of lesson etc.
* Oblige to use polite words to check/guide for technical faults/uploading of assignment/unable to access the link/power point presentation for students of grade KG 1 – grade 2. From grade 3 and higher grade only student must interact/communicate with the teacher & parent will not ask/argue/check for any discrepancies for the e-learning classes.
* Online e-learning attendance is compulsory/important and it will be considered for the promotion of your ward to next higher grade.
* Parents must comply with the policy and related procedure.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF STUDENT:
* Students can take help of parent to always LOG IN to their computer/tab/laptop/smart phones ahead of time before the e-learning class begins.
* Find a quiet space and have learning (pen/pencil, notebook/paper) materials ready before the class starts.
* Ensure your computer/tab/laptop/smart phones is FULLY charged.
* MUTE your microphone on your screen at the beginning of every session.
* Turn off television or any other music system in background prior to online live session.
* Listen carefully to all instructions and join discussions when asked.
* Stay seated during the learning session.
* Students are required to attend the distance learning classes according to the time allotted to them to ensure complete understanding of the subject in order to improve their knowledge.
* Every student must connect with class to create an engaging/learning environment.
* Never misbehave/ play tricks during the learning session.
* When the teacher is speaking the student must be in mute mode listening to teachers. If a student wants to raise a question must raise their hands to draw the attention of teacher.
* Only one student must raise their hand/chat for question at a time in case to clarify/suggest their doubts/answer.
* Only student’s originality of work is expected/entertained at all times during e-learning.
* Ensure to complete the work assigned by the teachers on or before the deadlines of submissions.
* All the assignments/worksheets/project only will assessed and evaluated to track the progress of the student. It will also be considered as their formative marks for term I. Failing to do their own work will result in receiving “Fail (F)“ grade in term I.
* The data and content of e-learning must be confidential and must not be shared with others/ not related to this institution.
* Students must comply with the policy and related procedure.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF TEACHER:
* Teachers must ensure and plan to deliver correct information of their teaching through e-learning.
* Teachers must follow syllabus/curriculum of e-learning to enhance the standard and quality of teaching and learning.
* Teachers must follow the e-learning plan and deliver the lessons to the standards of the learning.
* Teacher must question/encourage student to make them think creative/critical and obtain knowledge in the subject.
* Teachers must use all techniques like innovative, enquiry, research etc. based teaching.
* Teachers must plan their e-lessons to meet the needs of individual and develop student independent learning skills.
* Teachers must encourage and ensure original student work during e-learning and assess all their works accordingly. Teachers must also guide students in getting the best of their original works to assess them.
* Teachers must guide and clarify every student doubt during e-learning and ensure students have understood the concept.
E-LEARNING IS NEW TECHNIC AND MODE OF DELIVERING LESSONS WHICH IS A CHALLENGE FOR EVERY ONE OF US, BUT UNITED WE ALL WORK TOGETHER TO OVER COME ANY BARRIERS OF TEACHING AND LEARNING.